Josef Umdasch Research Prize 2021
Since 1990, the Umdasch Group has been supporting outstanding achievements in research, development and innovation through the Josef Umdasch Research Prize.
As a result of the cooperation with the World Summit Awards (WSA), the Josef Umdasch Research Prize is increasingly aimed at start-ups, entrepreneurs, young companies and future-oriented thinkers around the globe. We are looking for inspiring and pathbreaking ideas with a focus on sustainability.
This year, we as the Umdasch Group Ventures and youngest member of the Umdasch Group are looking for new ideas, technologies or innovative use cases in artificial intelligence and computer vision for retail or construction.
The outcome this year is incredible:
- 87 registrations from 41 different countries
- 17 shortlisted ideas
- and 5 finalists
The decision on the finalists was not easy because the quality of the submissions was extremely high. And here they are
- Fyma (Estonia) – „Fyma - Multi Target Multi Camera Non Overlapping Tracking”
- SecurifAI (Romania) – “System and Method for Automatic Detection and Recognition of People wearing Personal Protective Equipment using Deep Learning”
- Zeitdice (Canada) – “Emission and Anomaly Detection with Self-Sustainable, AI Controlled Timelapse Cameras”
- Presize (Germany) – “Presize In-Store Sizing Solution Concept”
- Blipstream (Germany) – “Sensor data aggregation and crowd flow management for supermarket retailers”
The pitch presentations and award ceremony will take place with the World Summit Award Global Congress 2021 on March 24th, 2021.
Everyone interested is invited to join for free: https://wsa-global.org/wsa-global-congress-2021/
For more details also visit the Josef Umdasch Reserach Prize Website